NaiKun Wind Energy Group Inc.
Off the coast of Haida Gwaii in Hecate Strait, the proposed NaiKun project will harness some of the world’s strongest and most consistent winds to provide clean renewable energy to generations of British Columbians.
THE NAIKUN PROJECT IS:
Working in partnership
The NaiKun team has been working collaboratively with North Coast communities, First Nations, and global partners to deliver a made-in-B.C. world-class project.
Improvements in technology has resulted in a significant reduction in the cost of power from the NaiKun project.
BENEFITS OF THE PROJECT
As a made-in-B.C. sustainable energy resource for B.C.’s North Coast, the NaiKun project will:
- Provide long-term, sustainable jobs, training, and economic benefits
- Provide a scalable renewable resource that can be expanded from 400-1200 megawatts (MW) as demand grows
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and contribute to a cleaner LNG industry
- Facilitate opportunity for other renewable energy sources
- Eliminate the need for Haida Gwaii’s current reliance on diesel power